Magnolia Gardens
at Battle Creek

The Magnolia Gardens Spring Garage sale will be held this year on Saturday, May 18, 2019 from 7am to 3pm.

Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I have to pay Association Fees?
All owners are required to pay Association Fees by the governing documents of their Association. The fees may be due in various increments as determined by the board of governing documents. They fund the operation and maintenance of the common property and are used to provide services for the benefit of all owners.

2. What do the Association fees cover?
Your Association's fees or "assessments" pay for insurance and the maintenance, repair and administration of the common areas and facilities of the Association.

3. How do I pay the Association Fees?
Your check should be made payable to Magnolia Gardens at Battle Creek HOA and may be mailed to Collins & Associates, 5630 S 

Memorial Drive , Tulsa, OK,  74145
4. What does the Association do?
The Association is a non-profit corporation managed by a Board of Directors elected by the owners. The Board is responsible for the management of the Association's funds, the enforcement of the deed restrictions, and the maintenance of common area property.

5. What is the Board of Directors?
The Board is initially under Developer Control. The governing documents for each community determine the time and method of transition to owners other than the Developer. The board of directors is then elected by the homeowners of the community. The board serves to oversee the business of the association as outlined in the governing documents for the association and in accordance with laws governing Non-Profit Corporations.

6. What is a management company, and what do they do?
The management company is engaged by the Board of Directors to provide guidance to the Board, and to implement the Board's decisions or instructions. The management company attends to the day-to-day operation of the Association including collection of assessments, contracting for services, and providing the board with monthly financial statements for the association.
7. What is the management company’s authority?
The management company has no authority except as conferred by the Board of Directors. The managing agent does not make decisions; it implements the decisions of the Board.
8. What are the Governing Documents?
The "Governing Documents" for your association are the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions plus any Rules and Regulations, Resolutions or guidelines that have been established by the board of directors.
9. Where can I get a copy of the Governing Documents?
You received a copy at, or prior to, closing on your home. If you need another set, it is available through the management office. Your Governing Documents are recorded instruments so they are also available through Tulsa County.
10. What is a deed restriction?
It is part of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions that you agreed to when you bought your home. Through this document, you agreed to certain standards of maintenance, upkeep and behavior in order to make the community as attractive as possible for yourself and your neighbors, and to maintain or enhance your property values.

11. Why do I need to comply with the deed restrictions?
When you purchase a home in a deed restricted community you automatically agree to comply with the restrictions then in place or that are properly established. This ensures that the integrity of the community is maintained, and that property values do not diminish.

12. What can I do if I see a violation of the deed restrictions or rules and regulations?
Homeowners are encouraged to become active in their community. You may contact the management office to report violations, or complete a violation report on this site. Your continued assistance may be required.
13. What is the "common area?"
It is the land for the use and enjoyment of the members of the Association. This includes facilities like ponds, walking paths, playgrounds, and other amenities, and usually includes perimeter landscaping and entry features of the community.
14. What does the Association's insurance cover?
The Association's insurance includes property and casualty policies for all common area property and equipment. (In condominium or townhome associations this includes the structure of the building.) It also includes Liability and Directors & Officers policies that cover Directors, Committee Members and volunteers working on behalf of the Association.
15. How can I become more involved in my association?
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact a board member.